I found the newspaper blackout assignment to be a little difficult. After reading some real blackout poetry, I thought this assignment was going to be super easy and that I was going to nail it with a masterpiece. I was wrong... It was tougher than I thought. The difficult part was creating something that actually had some sort of meaning to the poem. The hardest part was to create something called a "poem" These difficulties haunted me so I took a alternative route of the assignment. I recreated the story that was given to me. I based my poetry with the topic of the "Winnipeg Jets" I took articles and blacked them out and created a mini story of something totally false in the NHL world. One story stating "Zach Bogosian" being on the opposite team and scoring a goal on his former teammate "Blake Wheeler" the apparent goalie for the Winnipeg Jets. I thought it was a clever black out "poem" others might not. It was a tough assignment but a fun one at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment